Our church was constituted on February 7, 1911. The church built a sanctuary on what is now U.S. Highway 301 directly in front of the present location that year. The new building was dedicated September 11, 1911 and was “free from debt” at the dedication. The church was and remains affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention. The church family grew and prospered.
The church purchased part of the old Summerfield School property and moved the sanctuary building to that site in 1955. The church has since purchased additional property. God enabled the church to build several buildings since the 1955 move. The current sanctuary and the family life center were built under the leadership of Rev. J. Donald Newman. Reverend Newman served as our pastor for 27 years until his retirement in 2004.
Dr. Paul V. Howell became our pastor in October of 2009. Pastor Paul has a vision to share God’s love to our community and is planning several exciting new ministries. The church is looking forward to great days ahead!
We are near The Villages and Stonecrest communities.
Our church was founded as a “mission minded” church and we strive to continue the work of our founders.